Sunday, December 13, 2009

Springfield



It's been months since the Mississippi River trip and I'm itching for another adventure!
With the weather outside being frightful I sat down with the map and tried to come up with a destination. Mexico looked appealing, but too much of a chance that I'd keep heading south and not look back. Maybe in my next life. With time being limited I chose Springfield. Bikely.com has the route at 150.8 miles.(http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/369564) My plan is to leave from Morris, take Rt. 47 through Farmer City to Rt.51 and then on to the State Capitol. One day is doable but I'm going to split it up it to two days so I can do some sight seeing. The satellite view of the route looks like I will be going through a lot of farm country so stealth camping should not be a problem. The “rents” friends Ollie and Bridget, said they would put me up for the night in Springfield. My target date is June 25 - 27th

4 Comments:

Ross said...

How come you changed your mind about following Rt66? I saw that parts of it would put you on the expressway but when has that ever stoped you ! I truly admire your adventurous spirit my friend. I hope in your next life you will travel the world

greg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lynn and Den said...

I hope you travel the world in this life.
You've earned it.

Nick said...

Are you ridding to something or away from something. The question is Greg, where next? After your little girl is all grown up and on her own what direction will you point your bike, and the question on everyone's mind . . . will we ever see you again?