Thursday, September 4, 2008

Soggy Sixty

It’s my day off and I’m not going to let a little rain stop me ! OK, it was a lot of rain. I left Channahon at Bridge street with a steady rain and wind. By the time I got to Cemetery Road in Morris it was a down pour. Still, I pushed on at an average speed of 18 mph and a cadence of around 91. My heart rate through out the trip averaged at 158. The rain gear did not do a lot of good as at times I swear it was raining up !
At my 30 mile mark I was soaked and stop for lunch. My goal was to hammer the way back to the car so I upped my cadence and was maintaining a speed of 20 + (got to love those aero bars). All went well till I hit the pot hole that left me with a rear flat and no spare tube. Not one of my brighter jobs packing my seat bag. My car was about three miles down the road so I hoofed it for a mile when a D.N.R truck pulled up and gave me ride back to my car. Wet but not totally defeated.

0 Comments: